GMS, Inc., Consulting Engineers is hiring for a Civil Engineer for full-time employment in its Colorado Springs office located in downtown Colorado Springs. GMS, Inc. is a small, family-oriented engineering firm with a client base of small municipalities and communities. GMS, Inc. is dedicated to serving small rural communities by listening, creating, and facilitating new infrastructure that can literally breathe life into the community.
At a minimum, a B.S. Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering is required, with preferred work or practical experience of ten or more years in areas related to design of civil engineering, water and wastewater infrastructure.
Civil Engineer Mission: To serve a critical role for rural and underprivileged communities through the design of water, wastewater, drainage, or roadway infrastructure projects to meet critical infrastructure needs.
Civil Engineer Expectations:
- Ability to take the lead role on a variety of small to large infrastructure projects. Typical projects include municipal water and wastewater treatment, wastewater collection system replacement, water distribution system improvements, drainage and roadway design.
- Willingness to multi-task and to take on a variety of tasks over and above your job description.
- Ability to work within a defined scope, schedule and budget parameters.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Capable of effectively communicating with project team, Town and District Boards and funding agencies.
- Ability to navigate the permitting process at every stage of the project, ensuring the project has received all necessary clearances.
Salary Range $90,000 to $120,000 DOE
Civil Engineer Skills and Experience:
- B.S. Degree from an accredited university is required. Civil or Environmental Engineering is preferred.
- Experience in water infrastructure or wastewater planning and design.
- Licensed as a professional engineer in the State of Colorado or eligible to be licensed through application by reciprocity.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD with focused experience in Civil 3D and/or Plant 3D.
- Have the ability to work with and mentor younger engineers.
- Experience in the design of complex water and wastewater projects a plus.
Civil Engineer Benefits:
- Vacation – New Employees accrue 10 days of paid time off to start, while our more tenured employees accrue 15 days per year
- Sick Leave – 10 days of paid sick leave annually to use when you or a family member is feeling unwell
- Paid Holidays – 7 paid holidays per year
- Company Paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance paid at 100% by Employer (Spouse and Family coverage available at Employee expense)
- Flexible Spending Account for Medical and Dependent Care
- Generous Profit sharing program requires no employee match
- Quarterly bonus plan
- Wellness program included with Medical Insurance to include Fitness Tracker
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you aware that the position is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The position is not a remote position. Prospective hires must live in the United States. GMS, Inc. will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- water/wastewater: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer License (Required)
Work Location: One location
View public job page